The TSCM process typically involves the following steps:
- A physical inspection of the premises to look for hidden devices.
- Electronic sweeps using specialized equipment such as a Radio Frequency Detector or Camera detector.
- An electronic communications audit that includes phone lines, WiFi and server rooms.
- The provision of countermeasures against any detected devices and recommendations on evidence handling.
- The provision of training for staff on how to recognize and deal with threats from electronic surveillance.